Theatres of all kinds flourish in the rolling hills of Northumberland County. There is no limit on the entertainment one can seek in Northumberland's numerous theatres. Offering a variety of performances including, plays, musicals, skits and more, live theatre is a popular attraction to the area. View our events calendar for current performances.
- Visit the Capitol Theatre in Port Hope, Canada's last remaining atmospheric theatre and designated as a national historic site, offering the region's only year-round professional theatre. As a leading theatre showcasing "Mirvish-level talent" on stage, the Capitol is featuring "My Fair Lady" and "Beauty and the Beast" in 2017.
- Be entertained by the Northumberland Players, in venues across Northumberland: Cobourg's heritage brick Firehall Theatre, Victoria Hall and Best Western Plus for a dinner/theatre experience. Workshops are also available.
- The Concert Hall at Victoria Hall, Cobourg, hosts a variety of events year round including, solo recitals, musicals, live theatre and more.
- Visit the Westben Arts Festival Theatre in Campbellford, boasting a 400-seat barn in which you can enjoy fully-staged musical productions featuring professional and local performers.
- The Brighton Barn Theatre hosts numerous plays, musicals and cultural events appealing to the tastes of all visitors; it's conveniently housed right next to the Proctor House Museum and Proctor Park Conservation Area (lovely deep-woods looped trail!)
The Arts Club, a small independent venue in Brighton, offers art/dance/music workshops, small movie screenings, entertainment and live performances year round.
- Visit Victoria Hall and enjoy the work of VOS Theatre, presenting professional-quality theatre year round.