Northumberland County invites visitors to indulge in the performances of many talented musicians year-round. Whether it is a festival, concert or solo performance, Northumberland County hosts it all. With genres of all kinds featured in a variety of venues, observers can sit back, relax and enjoy the sound of music.
- Available in Port Hope, Cobourg, Colborne and Brighton, music lovers can attend summer music in the park, and listen to local artists at one of Northumberland County's bandshells.
- Listen to world-class music at Westben Arts Festival Theatre, Campbellford, where internationally renowned professionals work alongside local performers.
Music Events & Groups
- In early September, visitors can enjoy the Auction Barn Jamboree in Colborne, devoting itself to classic country music.
- Listen in at the Shelter Valley Folk Festival in early September, showcasing national and regional performing artists.
- In mid September, visitors can enjoy finest in Canadian jazz at the Port Hope All Canadian Jazz Festival.
- The Concert Band of Cobourg is a regular participant in parades throughout Northumberland, along with its own Summer Concert Series.
- Enjoy La Jeunesse Choir, which is dedicated to celebrating the diverse musical talents of Northumberland's youth.
- See the La Jeunesse Youth Orchestra, an orchestra comprised of Northumberland County's youth, performing year round.
- Listen to the Northumberland Orchestra and Choir, where local musicians unite to form a symphony orchestra.
- Performing throughout Northumberland County, the Oriana Singers are a popular live singing group.